The UAE Telecommunications and Digital Government Regulatory Authority (TDRA) has issued a new label format.
- The new label is mandated since 1.1.2023 for all new certificates issued starting from 1.1.2023.
- For certificates issued in December 2022, old label or new label can be used.
- For existing approvals, the old label may remain.
- For renewal of approved products, the old label may remain or new label may be used.
- Labels shall be placed on the packaging of the approved products and in display in retail stores.
- For approved products which are installed in vehicles or installed in different products and does not have a separate packaging, label shall be placed in the user manual.
- There is no specific size for the label however it should be clear for customers and users.
- Colored label or black and white label may be used.
As usual, a PDF-file with the TDRA Declaration of Conformity Card (TAR Conformity Mark) will be offered for download by TDRA after the end of the approval process.
Extract from regulation “Telecommunications Equipment Type Approval Regime”, version 3.0, chapter 4.8 *:
The Registered Manufacturer or Importer of Telecommunications Equipment shall provide TDRA Declaration of Conformity Card (TAR Conformity Mark) on the Equipment box in a clear, readable and non-removable format before offering, selling or making the Equipment available in the UAE market. The TDRA-issued Declaration of Conformity Card shall be placed under the display platform of Telecommunications Equipment in retail stores or websites in a way that is clear and readable to users. Annex (D) details the requirements of TDRA’s Declaration of Conformity Card.
Extract from regulation “Telecommunications Equipment Type Approval Regime”, version 3.0, annex D *:
The following conformity statement template must be on the Telecommunications Equipment package box and on display platforms in retail stores and websites. The coloured or b/w design can be used. The QR code shall be placed as indicated above which includes a URL of the approved Equipment in TDRA.
Previous format of TDRA Declaration of Conformity Card:
Extract from TDRA notice about update of telecom equipment conformity/type approval mark **:
The Manufacturer, Importer and Distributor of Telecommunications Equipment shall undertake to include the Type Approval conformity mark when the Equipment is offered to consumers via any channel, in order to demonstrate that the equipment has been certified as Type Approved as per TDRA’s procedures.
* TDRA regulation “Telecommunications Equipment Type Approval Regime”, version 3.0 “Regulation Telecommunications Equipment Type Approval Regime V3 0.pdf”
** TDRA notice about update of telecom equipment conformity/type approval mark “TDRA update Label format 2023.pdf”