ERA-GLONASS has been mandatory for the Eurasian Customs Union since January 2017. All vehicles that are put into circulation in the entire Eurasian Customs Union territory (including Russia, Kazakhstan and Belarus) have to be equipped with the ERA-GLONASS emergency call system. Unlike the EU’s eCall system, ERA-GLONASS is already mandatory for all vehicles – from trucks and vans to buses and sports cars.
Emergency call systems are subject to different test and certification specifications depending on the approving country. Some of them are harmonised, which means that existing ERA-GLONASS tests may also be valid as proof of compliance with the UN regulations, and making multiple testing unnecessary.
Regulatory requirements for ERA-GLONASS systems
- iGOST 33466 / GOST R 54618 Compliance test methods of in-vehicle emergency call system for electromagnetic compatibility, environmental and mechanical testing
- iGOST 33467 / GOST R 55530 Functional test methods of in-vehicle emergency call system and data transfer protocols
- iGOST 33468 / GOST R 55531 Hands-free audio quality
- iGOST 33469 / GOST R 55532 Crash detection feature testing
- iGOST 33470 / GOST R 55533 Test methods for wireless communication module of in-vehicle emergency call system
- iGOST 33471 / GOST R 55534 Test methods for navigation module of in-vehicle emergency call system certification process for ERA-GLONASS
Our ERA-GLONASS competencies
For more than 15 years we have been supporting the automotive industry with test and certification services for smart products with integrated wireless components.
In July 2018 7layers was recognised by the Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA) as a Category A and B technical services provider pursuant to Regulation EN 2017/79 and UN-R 144 for eCall Systems. Our parent company Bureau Veritas also has authorised ERA-GLONASS certification bodies.