As of January 2017, ERA-GLONASS is mandatory for the Eurasian Customs Union. All vehicles put into circulation in the entire territory of the Eurasian Customs Union (including Russia, Kazakhstan and Belarus) must be equipped with the ERA-GLONASS emergency call system. Unlike the EU-eCall system, ERA-GLONASS already covers all vehicles, from trucks and vans to buses or sports cars.
Depending on the country of registration, the emergency call systems require different testing and certification specifications. Some of the specifications are already harmonized, so existing ERA-GLONASS tests, for example, could also be valid for compliance with UN regulations. Multiple testing could then be avoided.
Regulatory requirements for ERA-GLONASS systems
- iGOST 33466 / GOST R 54618 Compliance test methods of in-vehicle emergency call system for electromagnetic compatibility, environmental and mechanical testing
- iGOST 33467 / GOST R 55530 Functional test methods of in-vehicle emergency call system and data transfer protocols
- iGOST 33468 / GOST R 55531 Hands-free audio quality
- iGOST 33469 / GOST R 55532 Crash detection feature testing
- iGOST 33470 / GOST R 55533 Test methods for wireless communication module of in-vehicle emergency call system
- iGOST 33471 / GOST R 55534 Test methods for navigation module of in-vehicle emergency call system certification process for ERA-GLONASS
Our ERA-GLONASS competencies
For more than 15 years we have been supporting the automotive industry with test and certification services for smart products with integrated wireless components.
In July 2018 7layers was recognised by the Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA) as a Category A and B technical services provider pursuant to Regulation EN 2017/79 and UN-R 144 for eCall Systems. Our parent company Bureau Veritas also has authorised ERA-GLONASS certification bodies.