Sri Lanka: New type approval regulation from DEC 2020
The Telecommunications Regulatory Commission of Sri Lanka (TRCSL) has issued “Radio and Telecommunications Terminal Equipment (RTTE) Type Approval
Rules 2020” with following major changes:
- All products must be approved under the new RTTE Type Approval Rules from 16th DEC 2020
- Already launched approval processes (before 16th DEC 2020) will get a certificate under the previous regulation
- Approval certificates issued under the old rules, will expire on 17th JUN 2021
- Certificates validity will be 4 years (before: up to 3 years)
- National labelling will be mandatory
- Samples are required on demand (1-2 devices)
- Following RF products are exempted (as long they fulfil usual RED requirements):
- Mounted SRD (e.g. in laptops) with radio technologies like WiFi or Bluetooth
- Transmitter equipment with RF output power <50 mW (EIRP)
- Devices intended for installing in vehicles as part of car navigation units, remote car keys that use short range technologies such as WiFi, Bluetooth, etc.
- For devices which are exempted for national type approval, an exemption letter can be optional issued by ministry.
Gazette of TELECOMMUNICATIONS REGULATORY COMMISSION OF SRI LANKA:
If you are interested, please get in contact with us for getting a quotation email@example.com