Brazil – Anatel Resolution 715 brings Profound Changes to Approval Processes
On October 25th, 2019 ANATEL has published the information that a new regulation on type approval will come into effect on April 22nd, 2020, Resolution 715. This resolution will replace previous Resolutions 242 and 323. Until April 22nd various operational procedures, which are essential for testing and homologation processes, will be published. These are some of the major changes:
- The previous concept of technology Categories I, II and III will be discontinued. Instead, each product family will have their own corresponding acts and operational procedures.
- During Certificate of Conformity renewal processes for devices which have not been modified or changed, ANATEL will no longer inspect files submitted to the ANATEL Database. Once the OCD updates the information, the renewal is automatically concluded.
- A Market Surveillance Process will be implemented. Devices in the Brazilian marked will be randomly picked and analyzed.
- New ways of convenient and efficient label marking will be developed (e.g. e-labelling).
- A system to monitor the entry of non-homologated products will be implemented.
Please note that Resolution 715 will include further changes to type approval procedures. Further measures and operational procedures will be developed and published by working groups within ANATEL until the final implementation of the full resolution on April 22nd, 2020.