Update of type approval regulations in Ukraine – transition to RED in force from 1 April 2019
Due to new regulations in Ukraine and the transition to the RED regulations, according to the decision of the National Commission for Communications Regulation of Ukraine No. 117 and the The Technical Regulation of Radio Equipment, Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 355, the certification procedure will be slightly changed. To comply with them from April 1st 2019, it is necessary to obtain a “TYPE EXAMINATION CERTIFICATE” as an approval for usage of RF units.
In order to summarize the most important changes for the type approval process, we provide answers to six FAQs below:
Question 1: Aside from the Type Examination Certificate, are there any documents needed to prove compliance to the new regulations?
Beginning April 1st, a local representative needs to issue a Declaration of Conformity (DoC) in Ukrainian language, based on the Ukrainian national test reports. If a third party is required to serve as local representative, 7layers can offer optional assistance.
The Ukrainian DoC is equivalent to the DoC in accordance to RED in Europe, regulations concerning these documents are almost the same. Main idea of this document is to declare technical compliance to Ukrainian requirements (which are now very similar to the RED requirements).
Question 2: Will Type Examination Certificates be issued with limited validity?
There is no limitation for Type Examination Certificates released under the new rules.
Question 3: When will the new regulations in Ukraine come into full force?
New rules were released in December 2017 and will come into force from April 1st 2019. The time period between April 1st 2018 and April 1st 2019 is considered a transition period.
Beginning in early April 2018 the authorities and laboratories in Ukraine started to release the majority of test reports, certificates and DoCs according to the new regulations. However, in specific cases during the transition period, the Certification Assessment Bodies (CAB) still based their approval results on the regulations before April 2018.
Question 4: How do I know if my approval result complies with the new regulations?
For your valid approvals a renewal process has to be initiated to be in compliance to the The Technical Regulation of Radio Equipment, Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 355. For all approval results issued between April 1st 2018 and March 31st 2019 compliancy to the reworked Ukrainian regulations should be checked. If compliancy to the The Technical Regulation of Radio Equipment, Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 355 and to RED standards is explicitly mentioned in “Type Examination Certificate” and related DoC , your approval result already complies with the new requirements and no update will be required.
Question 5: What are the additional requirements (aside RED requirements) for the approval process under the new regulations?
- The DoC (Ukrainian, in full or short form) or a reference to it, e.g. as weblink, must be part of the user manual. During the transition period until April 1st 2019, it is sufficient for the approval process to submit a declaration stating that this user manual will be available as soon as the product will be placed on the market.
- The user manual must be provided in national language. Beside common values (manufacturer name, address, model-name), operation frequency range and max. power output power must be mentioned in national language as well as a local contact of the national warranty service provider.
- The CE risk assessment in Ukrainian language is part of the compliancy documentation.
- In case a device meets certain criteria specified by the frequency management authority NKRZI, manufacturer and local representative have to be entered into the authorities national register. Of the equipment in our range of activities, only radar devices need this registration.*
- For EU-based companies: PoA from manufacturer to local representative, signed by person authorized in business license (if signed by other person, apostil needed) is mandatory.
- For Non-EU-based companies: PoA from manufacturer to local representative with apostil will be mandatory.
Question 6: Will there be changes regarding labeling of the product?
– The CAB-no. is not part of the labeling anymore, just the national logo is mandatory.
– The NKRZI registration code must be indicated on the on product/package/user manual.
All datas are with reservation, as changes by national authorities are still possible until 1 April, 2019.
If you have any questions or would like support from our type approval experts, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are happy to assist you with the compliance and implementation of complex type approval processes..