Certification of radio products
for BOS Digital Radio Network
The TETRA BOS digital radio network is being established by the BDBOS (The German Federal Agency for Digital Radio and Security Authorities and Organizations) in order to provide a nationwide digital voice and data communications network for all security authorities and organizations within the Federal Republic of Germany.
BOS terminal end-product certification is required for
- Handheld radio terminals
- Mobile radio terminals
- Stationary radio control centers
- Mobile radio control centers
- Paging radio terminals
About BOS certificationRead more
Currently the network is being finalized and most German federal states have started using the new network for their police forces, rescue services, fire brigades etc. Due to the nature of the service, the reliability and interoperability of both fixed and mobile terminal equipment used within this network is of fundamental importance. The German government has therefore determined that all terminal equipment used within the BOS digital radio network needs to be thoroughly tested and certified.
The BOS certification process has a strong focus on technology implementation, conformance to technology standards, and interoperability.
BOS terminal certification is granted on the basis of interoperability testing, carried out by ISO17025 test laboratories accredited by the BSI, such as 7layers. (BSI: Federal Office for Information Security; http://www.bsi.bund.de/)
BOS testing and certification services at 7layers
7layers is the first laboratory to be certified by the BSI to operate the German test house and we are member of the PMeV, the German association for professional mobile radio services. For our TETRA BOS test services please take a look here.
- BOS certification process consultancy and support
- Product analysis according to implemented features
- Project management during development and certification
- BOS test plan generation
- Test set-ups in different interoperability laboratory environments
- BOS development and certification testing (BLK1 and BLK2 features)
- Defect management support
- Test session reporting (including ISO17025 report)
- Communicating with involved regulatory authorities
Ask for a budgetary Tetra BOS testing and certification quotation
- by filling in our contact form
- by contacting our service centers directly