Working at 7layers Inc. in Irvine, CA
Test System Developer for Wireless Technologies (RF Engineer, Bluetooth®) (m/f)
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please apply online today for immediate consideration. Please make sure to add a cover letter to your application which contains answers to the questions at the bottom of this job description. Applications without a cover letter including these answers can not be considered.
An experienced RF Test System Developer will support 7layers’ System House business unit in developing and maintaining RF and Protocol Test Systems for Wireless Technologies (Bluetooth, W-CDMA, LTE, CDMA2000) and our existing Bluetooth® RF Conformance Test System – “Interlab Bluetooth RF Test Solution”
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage projects for Test System development and maintenance
- Create and document Test System concepts: requirements, use cases, interfaces, measurement techniques, signaling
- Coordinate the software framework development with software engineers
- Define and verify Test System measurement concepts
- Design Test Case Implementations
- Create instrument / hardware drivers
- Debug device interface issues
- Maintain and develop test automation concepts
- Design RF switching units
- Represent the company in technical forums related to testing concepts, test requirements and test implementation details
- Provide 2nd line support to customer support engineers
Skills & Requirements:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate effectively and approach problems proactively
- Very strong technical foundation and the ability to collaborate well with others
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to interact constructively with team members
- Well organized, with a strong desire to document accurately
- High-energy, self-motivated, creative engineer
- Ability to problem solve independently through creative and analytical thinking
- Ability to grasp new technologies & react to changes in a fast-paced environment
- May require some travel to install and deploy systems internationally
- High-frequency measurement expert with experience in wireless communication technologies (Bluetooth, GSM, etc.)
- Expert user of RF instruments, e.g. Spectrum Analyzer, Power Meter, Signal Generator, Signaling Units, RF Switching Units, Network Analyzer, Fading Simulator
- Experience with communication protocols like GPIB, RS-232, USB, TCP/IP
- Solid development experience on Windows platform (Windows desktop applications)
- Knowledge of SQL, Winforms
- Experience with XML/XSL/XSD and regular expression
- Knowledge of wireless communication standards (Bluetooth, GSM) on protocol level is a big plus
- Familiarity with Agile development is a plus
Education & Experience:
- Engineering degree (Computer Science or Electrical Engineering)
- 3 years working with Microsoft .NET, C#, VB.NET (Visual Studio)
Questions to be answered in cover letter:
- Do you have a degree in Electrical Engineering with a focus on high-frequency (RF) engineering or similar? Please specify.
- Describe your RF measurement tasks in previous work environments.
- Do you have Bluetooth experience for the RF and Protocol layers?
- What other wireless communication standards have you previously worked with?
- Please describe your programming background.
- Any previous laboratory exposure to conformance test systems for Bluetooth, GSM, CDMA or similar? Please specify.
- Have you previously been in a development project lead position?
- Have you fulfilled any representative functions for previous employers?
- How far away do you live from 7layers in Irvine, California?
- Are you authorized to work for any employer in this country?
- How quickly would you be able to start in case you are offered this position?
If you want to hand in your application or would simply like to get some more information about our vacancies please contact:
Ms. Carine N. Church
Irvine, CA 92618,