We are seeking a highly motivated, well organized individual with excellent communication skills (written and verbal, English a must, other languages welcome) that can work independently for our facility in Irvine, CA. This is your chance to join 7layers, a worldwide group of engineering and test centers that are part of a global leader in conformity assessment and certification services.
Title: Master Scheduler
Reports to: Director of Operations
Works with: Planning, project management, laboratory scheduling, engineering and sales departments
Location: Irvine, CA,
USA Type: Full-time
With minimum supervision, work within the planning organization to create level loaded master schedules for the testing laboratory while considering available capacity and customer demand. Work closely with each department to plan, track, and ensure testing is being executed according to the master schedule. Must also be able to develop broad understanding of all services and multiple department and how they relate to the organizations bottom line.
- Develops a master schedule for testing services on all available platforms
- Administers a rough planning schedule of forecasted projects
- Provides a weekly schedule of all projects and the required use of specific test platforms
- Proactively gathers input from project managers and test engineers on time needed per project and the most efficient way to schedule
- Monitors capacity, level loads and adjusts project load as appropriate.
- Provides continuous communication, and makes recommendations, on progress and foreseeable issues to all involved
- Coordinates with Operations on any critical schedules and/or priorities.
- Ability and willingness to learn all facets of the organization
- Maintains the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
- Understands and lives by 7layers ethics and business conduct policies.
- Ability to understand the needs and concerns of internal and external customers and respond effectively in a professional manner.
- Strong ability to organize, handle, and prioritize multiple issues simultaneously.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment with a strong eye for detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally via written and verbal with internal and external customer to understand needs and concerns.
- High level of motivation and sense of urgency.
- Willingness and ability to work any assigned shift or work area.
- Must be a team player and have sound judgment.
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Able to bring organization out of chaos
- Able to coordinate and collaborate with multiple departments and represent different points of view without long-term negative consequences.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
7layers, Inc., Irvine, CA
- Manufacturing background preferred, wireless industry background in addition that would be the best
- 5+ years of experience (combined) as a
- Shift supervisor
- Jr. scheduler
- Production Scheduler
- Master Scheduler
- BS preferred (not required)
7layers is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package after qualification period (medical, dental, vision, 401(k)), paid vacation and holidays.
7layers is an international group of engineering and test centers for the wireless communiJob cations industry, with broad expertise in development, testing and qualification for GSM, GPRS, EDGE, WCDMA, LTE, CDMA, Bluetooth® and other wireless communications technologies. Our service portfolio ranges from development support for wireless communication technologies, via supporting product development projects, testing services, test system development, certification and market access.
7layers was founded in 1999 and now has a worldwide presence with facilities located in USA, Germany, China, South Korea and Japan. 7layers – a Bureau Veritas Group Company.
Ms. Carine N. Church
15 Musick Irvine, CA 92618, USA