Connected Cars and V2X technologies
The wireless expert 7layers – for testing and certification of connected automotive devices
7layers is the trusted wireless expert for connected vehicles. We work with automotive manufacturers, tier one suppliers and the United States Department of Transportation.
Test and certification services from 7layers for V2X, V2V and V2I devices
- eCall Testing
- Global regulatory testing ( RED, FCC, ISED Canada etc.)
- V2X / DSRC testing
- Cellular / LTE technologies
- Bluetooth technology
- WLAN (WiFi)
- LoRa Alliance
- Qi Certification (Wireless Power Consortium)
- Type Approval / Homologation
- RSE testing
Why choose 7layers for V2X test and certification
7layers was selected to help develop the testing requirements by the United States Department of Transportation for the Connected Vehicle Next Stage Certification. As part of our participation in the program, we are one of the three member companies in the Certification Operating Council.
The new certification standard is based on 5.9 GHz DSRC (Dedicated Short Range Communications), IEEE 802.11 & 1609.2, and SAE J2735 & J2945/1. This connected vehicle safety pilot program covers a variety of basic safety messages, SPAT/MAP messages, security credentials, vehicle-to-vehicle communications, vehicle-to-infrastructure communications. It is being implemented in many connected vehicle pilot programs across the United States.
7layers is also a member of OmniAir, participating in developing V2X certification and contributing to technical working groups. OmniAir supports the development and promotion of certification for the Intelligent Transportation Systems Industry. In addition to this 7layers is participating in other industry groups such as, Connected Vehicle Trade Association, Car2Car, Car Connectivity Association, and the Wireless Power Charging Association. As such we are deeply integrated into the heartbeat of the wireless automotive technology.
We serve more than V2X connectivity, but work with many automotive manufacturers and tier one suppliers for telematics, infotainment, navigation and more.
- If you would like to learn more about our work with the Next Stage Certification Council and the USDOT you can view our previously recorded webinar. Please note that registration will be required.
- In case you need a wireless test expert to help your connected car or autonomous vehicle technology? If so we would like to hear from you. We are interested in providing a 3rd party test environment, developing industry partnerships and supporting new wireless standards with our expertise and technical know-how. Reach out to us via email@example.com