Workshop: Smart Products Certification
- Thursday, 7 May, 2020
Mercure Hotel Frankfurt Airport
Am Weiher 20
- Starts: 9:00 am
Ends: 5:00 om
- Please notice that the workshop will be held in English.
- Fee: 390 € netto / person
- Discount: All registrations before 15. March, 2020 get a discount of 15%
- Registration closes: 27 April, 2020
During the 7layers & Bureau Veritas workshop we will point out,
which established and new requirements, manufacturers and
suppliers have to fulfill in order to launch smart products and IoT
products onto the European and North American markets. In this
context safety aspects like risk management and cyber security,
which have to be considered during development and operation
of smart products, play an important role.
The purpose of the workshop is to provide the participants with
an applicable concept for the Europewide certification of smart
Please notice that the workshop will be held in English.
FCC / ISED / RED – Marco Kullik, 7layers
- FCC: Introduction / Update on important FCC “Rule Parts”
- FCC: SDoC procedure
- FCC: Modules
- FCC: Testing of end products with pre-certified modules
- ISED: Introduction / Update on important RSS Standards
- RED: Introduction / Update on importantr ETSI standards
- RED: Current status „Combined Equipment
- RED: Risk analysis for the essential requirements regarding Article 3 of RED
Type Approval – Torsten Lohoff
- Global radio certification requirements
- Certification procedures
- Overview of requirements in key markets
- Problematic topics and how to deal with them
- Variant and Family-Certification
11:00 Coffee break
Module Integration – Thomas Hoell, 7layers
- Integration of radio technology and its impact on certification
- The certification of a wireless product in the EU, USA and Canada can be a big challenge. We will guide you through this process and demonstrate how to integrate wireless features with a highly efficient certification strategy.
GCF / PTCRB – Martin Albrink, 7layers
- Advantages of Integrator Certification (GCF & PTCRB)
- GCF / PTCRB processes and requirements for integrators
- What is the testing effort for an integrator for a GCF / PTCRB certification?
- Differences between GCF and PTCRB
01:00 Lunch break
Cyber Security – Michael Beine, 7layers
- Cyber Security versus the Internet of Things – A Contradiction?
- EU Cyber Security Act – What’s next?
- Cyber Security Requirements, Standards, Certifications – A Fragmented World?
- 7layers positioning and services combined
RoHS / Reach / WEEE – Dr. Wolfgang Kruschak, Bureau Veritas
- Chemical requirements for electrical products
- Update on ROHS requirements
- ROHS and CE Conformity
- ROHS and REACH requirements in comparison
- Conformity testing for ROHS and REACH
Outlook 5G Technology & Application Examples – Thami Elidrissi / Martin Albrink, 7layers
- Overview of the technical development of 5G
- Applications of 5G technology in industry
- How can 7layers support you in 5G?
On the evening before the event, we invite all participants to a get-together at 6 p.m. in the “Lounge Zeppelin” bar in the event hotel.