The GCF ACE scheme
GCF compliance assessments for associated members – provided by the 7layers GCF ACE’s
The GCF ACE scheme has been set up to assist manufacturers and vendors with GCF certification.
A GCF ACE (3rd party Assessment Capable Entity) provides official assistance to manufacturers and vendors, identifying the necessary Conformance, Field Trial and Interoperability tests that need to be undertaken for GCF certification. 7layers achieved GCF ACE status as soon as the scheme was launched.
A GCF ACE is a qualified company that has declared to GCF that it has the technical competence, necessary
- to determine the GCF-CC requirements,
applicable to a device with integrated wireless connectivity
- to assess the compliance of a device against those requirements.
Based on such an assessment, the appropriate certification declarations shall be prepared by the ACE, the manufacturer, or Associate Manufacturer. The 3rd party ACE shall confirm that the declarations are ready for publication.
7layers GCF ACE services cover the following services
- Knowledge of standards organisations referenced by GCF
- Understanding of GCF procedures
- Ability to create and modify test plans depending on device features (ICS) and functionality
- Ability to analyse test results to ensure the accuracy of the declared device features (ICS) and functionality
- Experience in reviewing test reports to construct a Compliance Folder, demonstrating compliance with GCF Certification Criteria
- Experience in reviewing Compliance Folders to ensure the accuracy of the GCF-CC Annex F Declarations for a certified device
- Understanding of the Device Contest Process
For further questions please contact your 7layers ACE engineer
Americas / USA
Europe / Germany
All GCF related testing must be performed in a GCF RTO such as 7layers.