InterLab Test Engines – making “Ease of Use”
for RF and Protocol test systems come true!
Conformance test systems for the wireless communications industry vary a lot in their usability. This makes the handling of different test systems from different manufacturers complicated for the test system operators and engineers. Test systems require expert know-how and understanding if users want to make sure that they generate correct and reproducible results. 7layers, a global group of test & service centers for the wireless communications industry, has overcome these difficulties by connecting the large number of test systems in their test laboratories to the InterLab® Software System. Protocol and RF test systems plus all InterLab Test Solutions from 7layers are run via so called “Test Engines”. Many in-house test laboratories for wireless communications devices can now benefit from using the InterLab Test Engines for their own test equipment!
By connecting test equipment to InterLab Test Engines
users benefit from a number of simplifications:
- Test systems from different test system manufacturers all come with a different user interface – a serious source of error, which users can overcome by connecting their test equipment to the InterLab Test Engines. This way all connected test systems can be handled via one and the same user interface and test system operators do not need to be familiar with the different user interfaces of individual test systems in order to carry out the tests.
- The InterLab Test Engine works with pre-defined configuration settings. Only the most important product features need to be tuned in so that the tests run automatically with the correct configuration. The Test Engine controls the test system and automatically creates comprehensive reports.
- A specially designed, automated Test-SIM is part of the test engine. Test-SIMs of the InterLab Test Engines are automatically correctly configured. It is no longer necessary to tune them in manually according to the respective tests.
- Both the test systems and the device-under-test can be automated for 24/7 test runs with the help of an Electrical Man-Machine Interface (EMMI). This way test laboratories can be used to their full capacity. Errors due to incorrect handling of the test system or the device-under-test, or inconsistencies with previous handling, can be eliminated.
Currently 7layers has connected the following test systems to the InterLab Test Engines:
- Aeroflex 6401
- ANRITSU PTS
- ANRITSU ME7873
- ANITE 2G
- ANITE 3G
- ANITE SAS
- Comprion IT3
- InnoWireless AWT 800A
- MINT 2G
- MINT 3G
- MINT HSDPA
- R&S CRTU-G
- R&S CRTU-W/RRM
- R&S CMW500
- R&S TS8950
- combined use of R&S or ANITE protocol testers
with various SIM Simulators
…with others to follow
“Our clients are very satisfied with the ease of use, added reliability and 24/7 test time capacity which they have gained by handling their test systems via the InterLab Test Engines”, explains Frank Spiller, Team Manager of the
7layers Systems House. “Test Engines can either be used as stand-alone solutions or in connection with the complete InterLab Software System, which is ideal if you want to optimize the complete management of your R&D and/ or test laboratories.”