Interlab Test Solution battery-usage
of wireless devices
Stand-by and talk time are crucial for modern wireless devices and smart phones, especially since high-end displays, electronic features such as GPS receivers, and other applications come at a price in terms of energy consumption.
It is therefore of growing importance for manufacturers, service providers and operators to precisely measure the power consumption of a mobile phone under different conditions or use cases.
The InterLab Test Solution “Battery-Usage of Wireless Devices”
is the easy-to-handle, reliable answer to this problem.
It provides results close to real-life conditions thanks to “over the air” (OTA) testing.
- During testing, the embedded antenna of the mobile device is being used.
- Depending on the test requiremetns the phone can be powered by
- its original battery
- an external supply.
- The test software, initially developed by Vodafone, is now exclusively available via 7layers, covering all test cases required by Vodafone and GCF.
Test specifications and requirements
covered by the InterLab Test Solution Battery-Usage
The battery life test set-up measures the current consumption of a mobile phone in accordance with the test requirements of
- GCF-PC and test methodologies as described in the DG.09 (now TS.09) specification by the GSM Association
- Specific network provider needs
- Customized specifications can be added upon request
Scope of deliveryRead more
The battery life test set-up
- Is based on extreme fast ampere meter (50 ksps)
- Comes with a special shielded box, featuring three multiband-antennas