Technical Project Manager
We are seeking a highly motivated, well organized individual with excellent communication skills (written and verbal, English and Chinese a must) that can work independently for our facility in Irvine, CA. This is your chance to join 7layers, a worldwide group of engineering and test centers that are part of a global leader in conformity assessment and certification services.
The Project Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining customer relationships, while coordinating internal resources and third parties efficiently for flawless execution of certification projects. Proactive communication with customers throughout projects is imperative to manage and meet their expectations. S/He ensures that all assigned projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget. The Project Manager measures project performance, and reports and escalates to management as needed.
Our internal tools will help the Project Manager to manage the technical, as well as all commercial aspects of the assigned projects. Providing frequent status reports and/or final certifications notifications, and generating quotes and invoices are examples of the versatile tasks of a Project Manager at 7layers. Our policies and procedures provide the framework for success and the Project Manager shall continue to seek means for improvements. S/He accepts ownership of projects and responsibilities to maximize both company and personal potential.
The Project Manager shall stay updated with industry and technology trends, as well as technical requirements. Active involvement in industry groups is expected and may require limited travel. The Project Manager is expected to be proactively involved in forecasting projects and sales activities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent customer-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese
- Proven working experience as a project manager in the wireless industry/telecommunication industry
- Solid technical background with understanding of wireless technologies, related committees and interest groups are a plus
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with evolving technologies and standards.
7layers, Inc., Irvine, CA
- Great educational background, preferably in the fields of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- PMP Certification a plus
7layers is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package after qualification period (medical, dental, vision, 401(k)), paid vacation and holidays.
7layers is an international group of engineering and test centers specializing in wireless technologies. Our expertise encompasses technologies such as LTE, W-CDMA, GSM, Bluetooth® and Wi-Fi. Our service portfolio comprises of test services, engineering services and market access services for the wireless industry. The development of test solutions, certification tools and test software further complements our portfolio.
7layers was founded in 1999 and now has a worldwide presence with facilities located in USA, Germany, China, South Korea and Japan. 7layers is a Bureau Veritas Group Company, a global leader in testing, inspection and certification, serving a large variety of industries.