PTCRB certification guide ” step-by-step”
PTCRB user account set-upRead more
- The PTCRB Certification process is administered by CTIA via the PTCRB website.
- If you do not have a PTCRB account yet, first go to www.ptcrb.com.
- Here you select the “New User Registration” tab within the “Registered User Login” panel and complete the registration process.
Certification database accessRead more
- Once you receive your user-name and password from PTCRB, you must send an email to email@example.com requesting access to the online PTCRB certification database (which actually has been designed and is maintained by 7layers.)
- CTIA will now provide you with your login details.
PTCRB certification requestRead more
Now you can go to www.ptcrb.com and initiate your PTCRB certification request
- Enter your company name
- Enter your prodcut information
- Choose your 7layers test laboratory
- Receive your request number
Laboratory acceptance of certification testing-requestRead more
- Laboratory notification
Your chosen 7layers laboratory will receive notification of your certification testing-request via www.ptcrb.com.
- Laboratory acceptance
Your 7layers project manager will accept the request. Testing can begin once the laboratory has accepted the request via the online database.
- Certification Administrator Fee
The CTIA will send an invoice for a “Certification Administrator Fee”. The amount depends on the type of certification and integrated technologies. It varies from US$ 3,125 up to US$ 12,500.
Your test project handling at 7layersRead more
7layers runs the project at its experienced PTCRB accredited test laboratories within the agreed time frame.
Pre-requisites for commencing PTCRB testing
- Receipt and acceptance of official PTCRB certification request
- Signed Service Agreement and received Purchase Order
- Received test samples
Once all required tests have been passes successfully
- 7layers uploads the test report to the PTCRB certification database
- You must upload information such as
- Air interface compliance declaration
- IMEI security declaration
- PICS/PIXIT information
- USER manual
- FCC ID
Review by CTIARead more
- The test report will be reviewed for approval by CTIA.
- The certification request status will be updated within the PTCRB database to “Under review by CTIA”.
- CTIA will inform the manufacturers and the IMEI administrator of the certification decision within 5 working days, AFTER you have settled the invoice.
Confirmation and PTCRB certificationRead more
- You will receive your certification approval by email from PTCRB.
- The certification approval is also shown on the PTCRB website.
To receive a budgetary PTCRB Testing Quotation
- fill in our contact form
- or contact any of our service centers directly